Thursday, November 27, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes



J is really into his picture books at the moment, especially these ones:




He likes to point out the animals and the tractors and make the appropriate sound effects.

Lately, he's started pointing to this picture, making the appropriate sound effect:



and saying "Dada!". And then he'll point at R. Maybe it's R's snoring that sounds a little "oinkish"? Maybe R is a little on the patchy, whiskery side?

Whatever the reason, I used to find this incredibly amusing.

I'm not laughing quite so hard any more.

The other day, we were reading another book, J cuddled on my lap, and he pointed to another picture and said "Mama!':



and then he patted my belly.

R, ever the diplomat, said it was probably the similarity in hair styles.
I don't think so, and if it happens again I'm calling the adoption agency.

No comments: